Reasons To Book Your Private Function With Us
At Woodfired Kitchen in Glen Iris Melbourne we offer small group bookings for all types of function. Our function room is Heritage Listed and the room and building were constructed in 1933 for Mr C Chitty, a well known local building and timber merchant. Part of the High Street shopping precinct, most buildings in the area have retained their original façade, including render and tiles. We have retained some of the old charm, including the fireplace and chandeliers.
1840: first sales of Crown Land in the area took place on June 10. The area was surveyed and divided into large allotments.
1879: The Crown Reserve extended east until this year when Crown Allotment 204 was sold. This was sold in 6 sections (High Street inclusive).
1880s: Characterised by rapid expansion in the subdivision and sale of land.
1890: Railway line was completed between Burnley and Darling stations. Glen Iris station was established. Economic conditions were bad so no development occurred.
1919: High Street was subdivided into allotments for commercial development.
1920: First shops appear.
1925: Shops line the streets, including ironmonger, real estate agents, butchers, grocers, ladies draper, bootmaker, and more.
1920s and 1930s: Rapid development of the shopping precinct.
1933: Woodfired Kitchen’s building was built for local builder and timber merchant, Mr C Chitty. The original shop front remains intact and the building hasn’t changed much since then.
Whether you’re catching up with work colleagues, celebrating a special birthday, looking for a great Christmas venue for a small team of workmates – we have a range of function packages you’ll love.
Here are 10 more reasons why you should book your next private function with us:
1. We can fit up to 12 people seated in our function room. It’s cosy and intimate.
2. We offer brunch, lunch, High Tea and dinner menus. We also have Happy Hour every afternoon between 3pm and 6pm.
3. We use local product for our meals. We pride ourselves on using fresh, quality ingredients – from our meats to our salads!
4. Our flatbread pizza is DELICIOUS. We created our own dough and you won’t taste anything else like it – anywhere in the world.
5. We offer a laid-back setting, in our Heritage Listed building.
6. We’re conveniently located close to Glen Iris Station. We also have parking options available.
7. We can set the room up any way you like, or we can cater to standing room only. Ask us for options.
8. Our staff members are friendly and professional.
9. You’ll drool over our pork belly, or if you’re coming for brunch or high tea – our scones will leave you satisfied.
10. We make everything STRESS FREE for you! Simply make your booking and we’ll take it from there to ensure you have the best function.